Institutional Purpose and Mission Statement
Nazarene Theological College is a tertiary level institution of higher education of the Church of the Nazarene. It is a community of Christian scholars and learners seeking to present a view of life and man, based on the Word of God, that will guide, stimulate, and equip learners to realize a life of redemptive and reconciliatory service to their fellows, either as pastors, missionaries, evangelists, Christian educators, counselors or lay persons.
The mission of Nazarene Theological College is to prepare men and women, laity and clergy, in the African context for ministry and leadership in the local, district, and global church. NTC promotes a Christian lifestyle and is distinctively Wesleyan-holiness in orientation.
Holiness demands not only right living but also right thinking, The College, therefore, strives to provide opportunity for the learner to:
- Continue to develop the ability to listen, think critically, reason clearly, evaluate objectively, and communicate cogently and clearly.
- Acquire attitudes, which stimulate awareness of both oneself and Others.
- Experience a personal encounter with and dynamic commitment to God in Christ and His way of life.
- Develop the gifts of evangelism, preaching pastoral leadership, administration, and counseling.
- Develop social, ethical, and professional skills necessary to function competently in a service-ministry to others in a contextualized manner.